This is one of my favourite ways to cook potatoes. Quick, easy and spicy!
Make and share this Spicy Roast Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- Wash the potatoes.
- Cut in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half again lengthwise, leaving you with eight wedges per potato.
- You can either leave them this thickness, or cut each wedge in half crossways, giving you 16 triangles per potato.
- Put in a big bowl and rinse with water to wash the starch off.
- Drain as much water as you can from the potatoes, then add in the olive oil.
- Stir to coat.
- Mix the spices together, then sprinkle over the oiled potatoes.
- Stir again until all the potatoes are coated evenly.
- Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet (I line mine with aluminium foil to help with clean up).
- Grind over some black pepper and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Halfway through the baking, use a spatula to turn the potatoes over.
Excellent, crisp, delicious, but a tad too fiery. Next time I'll cut the amount of cayenne in half. I also added about a tsp. of smoked paprika.
These potatoes were easy to make and delicious....a definite repeater. I used only half the amount of cayenne and some family members thought they were still a bit too hot so I'll reduce it even further next time (and maybe add some chili powder as suggested by another reviewer). I will also add salt. I loved that the potatoes were not swimming in oil and took less time than some other recipes. Thank you, Sackville!
These were the best roast potatoes we have had in a long time!! Delicious and just enough heat to make them interesting and I only used half the cayenne called for, worked for us! Loved the cumin and oregano, I cooked them around a pork loin roast, on the rack, which make them nice and crisp. YUM!! Thanks for sharing.