Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I like this recipe because its a different variation on roast duck
- 1 fresh duck (, frozen will do)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons red peppers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- olive oil
- If using frozen duck, thaw out over night
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Clean duck by rinsing, removing giblets, excess fat and blood
- Rub generously with olive oil.
- mix the pepper, paprika, Cajun seasoning, garlic clove, and seasoning salt in small dish
- Sprinkle mixture on the inside and outside of duckling.
- Place in oven bag.
- Cut 2 small slits on the top of the bag and put in oven for 1 hr and 30 minutes, or until juices run clear.
Needs to be opened and put under the broiler to brown skin. But WOW! This is the ticket. It was great and my oven doesn't need to be scrubbed.
This was outstanding. I don't use oven bags, but it still worked a treat with it's spicy crisp skin. I never thought of treating duck this way, but I will do it again.