1/1 Photo of Spicy Roast Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
This is another recipe out of my Asian cookbook...enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Using a large cleaver, or knife, cut the chicken in half by cutting down the backbone and along the breastbone.
- 3To prevent the wings from burning, tuck them underneath.,.
- 4Place the chicken, skin-side-up, on a rack in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, combine the chilli, garlic, peppercorns and sugar in a food processor or mortar and pestle and process briefly or pound, until smooth.
- 6Add the soy sauce, turmeric and lime juice, and process in short bursts, or stir if using a mortar and pestle, until combined.
- 7Brush the spice mixture over the chicken, dot it with the butter pieces and bake it for another 25 to 30 minutes, or until cooked through and rich red.
- 8Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 930.5
- Calories from Fat 591
- Total Fat 65.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 312.9 mg
- Sodium 833.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 75.2 g