Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick and easy skillet dinner that my family likes. Good for busy times.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage (or mild if you must)
- 2 -3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained
- In large saucepan, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package; drain, rinse, and drain again; set aside.
- In a big soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high; add in the sausage, broccoli, and onion.
- Saute for 12-15 minutes, stirring to crumble the sausage, until the meat is browned and the onions are tender (drain off grease if desired).
- Lower the heat to medium and add the broth, garlic powder, and salt to taste; stir to combine.
- Add the beans and cooked pasta; stir to combine.
- Simmer 8-10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened and the pasta/beans are heated through.