Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Barilla Pasta's website.
Make and share this Spicy Ricotta and Spinach Tortellini recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package spinach and ricotta tortellini, Barilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano, grated
- 1 tablespoon pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- BRING a large pot of water to a boil.
- SAUTE pine nuts and salt in a small saucepan over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- COOK Tortellini according to package directions.
- MELT butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to skillet and sauté 1 minute. Add broth, olives, and pepper flakes, and cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- DRAIN Tortellini, and return to pot. Stir in chicken broth mixture, cheeses, and parsley.
- TRANSFER to a serving platter or bowl. Sprinkle with pine nuts, and garnish with additional grated cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.