Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Bon Appetit.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups bottled clam juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2-1 whole scotch bonnet peppers or 1⁄2-1 habanero pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- Whisk extra-virgin olive oil, 2 teaspoons vinegar, and 2 chopped green onions in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss shrimp with lime juice in bowl. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp with any juices to pan; sprinkle with salt and sauté until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, cilantro, chile, and 1 chopped green onion to pan. Reduce heat to medium and sauté until vegetables are almost tender, about 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon vinegar and rice; stir 2 minutes. Add clam juice. Boil rice mixture 1 minute. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook until shrimp are heated through, about 1 minute. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with 1 chopped green onion. Serve with dressing.
I have made this recipe for my family many times since I saw it in a magazine. This is an awesome recipe, and I have serve it to family memebers who don't like shrimp, and they loved this. Yummy!!