Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and easy dinner my family enjoys.
- 4 smoked sausage
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄8 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons cajun spices
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- Cut sausages into 1/2" thick slices.
- Bring chicken stock, butter, tomato sauce and cajun spice to a boil.
- Add sausage, rice and kidney beans to mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and cover pot. Heat for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork and serve.