Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is quick and easy to make. It has alot of flavour and heats up well the next day. If you are cooking for a larger group its really versatile. Cups of beef broth need to=cups of rice thats all you need to remember. This is a fun recipe to play around with. For an Italian flavour substitute Italian seasoning for the spicy pepper medley etc.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (40 g) package onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Clubhouse spicy pepper medley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, diced (optional)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 cups instant rice (Minute Rice or Uncle Ben's)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable juice or 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- In a Dutch oven: brown ground beef with garlic powder and green pepper until beef and pepper are cooked through; drain off excess fat.
- Add onion soup mix, pepper medley, can tomatoes, beef broth and vegetable juice; mix well.
- Bring contents to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes until onions in soup mix are soft; add rice. Cover pot and remove from heat. Let stand for 6-7 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
This is a really nice meal that is fast and easy to prepare. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I made it pretty much as it is written, with the exception that I had no pepper medley. Instead I used a combo of black pepper and ground jalapeno. I only had a small can of tomatoes, so I added a can of Rotel as well. Then, since I already had rice cooked, I left the beef broth out and served the rice on the side. Even with all these substitutions, this dish was delicious. It was like chili without the beans. DELICIOUS!
Another great rice recipe. will make again. Made for One-Pot Meal.