This recipe is quick and easy to make. It has alot of flavour and heats up well the next day. If you are cooking for a larger group its really versatile. Cups of beef broth need to=cups of rice thats all you need to remember. This is a fun recipe to play around with. For an Italian flavour substitute Italian seasoning for the spicy pepper medley etc.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (40 g) package onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Clubhouse spicy pepper medley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, diced (optional)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 cups instant rice (Minute Rice or Uncle Ben's)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable juice or 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- In a Dutch oven: brown ground beef with garlic powder and green pepper until beef and pepper are cooked through; drain off excess fat.
- Add onion soup mix, pepper medley, can tomatoes, beef broth and vegetable juice; mix well.
- Bring contents to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes until onions in soup mix are soft; add rice. Cover pot and remove from heat. Let stand for 6-7 minutes or until rice is cooked through.