Recipe by Charlotte J
This will be a treat for your family or your sweet heart on Valentines Day. From the Egg Council.
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spiced apple rings
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain apple juice into a liquid measure and set aside.
- Chop 3 of the slices into a small bowl.
- Stir in rice.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the mixture into each of 4 greased 6-ounce custard cups.
- Place cups in large baking pan.
- Thoroughly blend eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour over rice in each cup.
- Place pan on rack in preheated 350°F oven.
- Pour very hot water into pan to within 1/2 inch of top of custard.
- Bake until knife inserted near center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove promptly from hot water.
- Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Slowly blend 1 1/2 cups reserved apple juice into cornstarch.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Unmold custards onto serving dishes.
- Top with apple syrup.
- Just a thought, the leftover apple rings could be served under the custard or off set under it.