Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The added jicama gives a nice crunch to this southwestern salad. Allow time to marinate.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 cup peeled and chopped jicama
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 -3 jalapeno, seeded and minced (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
For the Chili Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Combine rice, bell pepper, jicama, tomato, jalapenos, and cilantro in a medium salad bowl.
- Whisk together ingredients for the vinaigrette and pour over salad, stirring to mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving (marinate time develops flavors).