Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
Try something different tonite than the usual plain rice or fried rice.
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (16 ounce) canpeeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup canned mushroom
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 5 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add onion, green pepper and celery and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat stirring frequently until tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and mushrooms and mix well.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes longer, stirring only once.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in cooked rice and mix thoroughly.