Recipe by MsSally
From Eat Better America. Sounds yummy--here for safekeeping.
Top Review by Boomette
I used a red bell pepper, 1 small onion. With the 14 1/2 ounces can of tomatoes, there was not enough liquid. So I added more tomatoes. But even with that, we didn't like the taste. Maybe it would be better to cook the pepper, onion, garlic and then after add the other ingredients. This would add more taste. Thanks MsSally. Made for Market tag.
- 3⁄4 cup instant rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves (fresh or 1 tsp dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained