Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tasty, fast, and fat free. I sometimes use leftover cooked brown rice in this; just leave out the water.
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Mix all ingredients in a 10-inch skillet or large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 25 minutes or until the sauce is absorbed.