Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The flavors come alive in this rub. Even though we've tried numerous ways to fix pork roast, we always come back to this recipe because of the magnificent flavors and ease in preparation. Your kitchen will smell heavenly while this is cooking. This recipe gives you enough rub for 3 pork roasts so store excess in an small container or spice jar.
- 1⁄8 cup paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried whole thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients.
- Rub on a 2 ½ to 3 pound pork roast.
- Place roast in a Dutch oven, uncovered, 350 degrees for approximately 1 ½ hours or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Do not overcook.
While this rub consists of spices and herbs we usually like, it just didn't hit the right note with us. It did smell good while cooking and we ate the roast, so while it certainly wasn't ruined, I don't expect to make it again.
I used this Rub on Back Ribs and they were the best I have ever made. I also put canned mushrooms, chopped onions and chopped yellow peppers over the Ribs. This is one amazing rub and I will never use another on Pork again. Thank you Claudia for posting your Rub. Loving Life Nana
This made for a fantastic Sunday dinner! I put the rub on the day before and refrigerated the pork over night. I put it in the slow cooker Sunday morning and let it cook all day. The meat fell apart when i put a fork in it. Delicious.