- 1 (6 lb) boneless rib-eye roast
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup fresh coarse ground black pepper or 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from roast. Combine pepper and cardamom; pat onto roast.
- Place roast in a large, shallow dish.
- Combine soy sauce and next 4 ingredients, pour over roast. Cover and marinate 8 hours in fridge, turning occasionally.
- Remove roast from marinade, discard marinade. Wrap roast in foil, and place in a shallow pan. Insert meat htermometer, making an opening so thermometer does not touch foil. Bake 325F for 2 hours or until thermometer reads 140F (rare) or 160F (medium).