Recipe by Dib's
This is a great recipe for grilled pork or chicken. The original recipe was sent to me from my Aunt Jean. I changed the recipe to include more cinnamon, jalapenos and garlic. I find this is much better-but if the heat scares you de seed the peppers.
Top Review by Anonymous
Great recipe, instead of jalapenos, i added 1/2 tsp of dried chilli flakes. It has a very nice range of flavours and taste sensations, nice sweet then sour - with a big whack of heat coming in at the end. Fantastic !
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cups rhubarb, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 small jalapenos, with seeds minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy saucepan combine the ingredients of part 1.
- Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add the ingredients of part 2.
- Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thick, stirring often, about 1-1 1/2 hours .
- Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space and process in a boiling water bath canner for 10 minutes.