Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My in-laws go deep sea fishing a lot, so we're always trying new seafood recipes. This is one that my mother-in-law gave me, and it's incredible
- On a large piece of wax paper, mix together paprika, cayenne, black pepper, onion powder, thyme, basil, garlic, and oregano.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter with oil.
- Brush both sides of snapper fillets with butter mixture, reserve remaining.
- Coat both sides of fillets with seasoning mixture.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat until a drop of water sizzles on it.
- Drizzle half of remaining butter mixture on one side of the fillets and place fillets butter side down in pan.
- Cook over high heat until the fish is deeply browned.
This recipe has just too much spice for our taste. We could not even taste the fish (yellow tail snapper) We do a lot of fishing and if it is a really mild fish, why would you cover up the taste. Sorry, but this is not keeper for us.
Amazing!! Easy to follow instructioins, easy to find ingredients! Perfect taste &cal! I served it with some mashed potatoes and spinach&mushroom garlic saute. My husband thinks I am the best cook on earth... hahahaha