Recipe by Chef Neff
A healthy, low-fat recipe with some extra kick. I've left out the tahini to cut the fat, but there's plenty of flavor and a good consistency. All you need is about 10 minutes and a food processor for this awesome dip!
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans garbanzo beans (save 1/4 cup of the liquid and drain the rest)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cayenne pepper (leave these out if you don't like it spicy)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the peppers into quarters place into food processor with garlic and mix.
- Add both cans of garbanzo beans and the 1/4 cup of liquid from the can and mix.
- Half 1 lemon and squeeze the juice into the mixture.
- Add all remaining ingredients, mix, and you're done!
- Add extra lemon juice to taste if needed or extra olive oil if texture isn't right.
- Keep refrigerated and eat with your favorite veggies, crackers, or bread!