Spicy Red Pepper & Eggplant Confit
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut roasted peppers into 1-inch pieces.
- Toss together all ingredients in a large roasting pan, then spread evenly.
- Roast, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender, about 1 hour. Cool before serving.
- Cooks' note:.
- Confit can be made 1 week ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature and stir before serving.
- **Cook time does not include letting the roasted peppers steam for 15 minutes, after broiling or allowing the confit to cool before serving.