1/1 Photo of Spicy Red Pepper & Eggplant Confit
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This Mediterranean dish can be served with bread or crackers as an appetizer, and it's also great as a sandwich filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs red bell peppers, tender-roasted (use Tender Roasted Bell Peppers to roast the peppers)
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) eggplants, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes with juice, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Cut roasted peppers into 1-inch pieces.
- 3Toss together all ingredients in a large roasting pan, then spread evenly.
- 4Roast, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender, about 1 hour. Cool before serving.
- 5Cooks' note:.
- 6Confit can be made 1 week ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature and stir before serving.
- 7**Cook time does not include letting the roasted peppers steam for 15 minutes, after broiling or allowing the confit to cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Red Pepper & Eggplant Confit
Serving Size: 1 (2510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.6
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 978.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g