Quick and easy humous recipe for those of you who like to keep a healthy dip in the fridge for snacking. Feel free to modify the ingredients to your taste and to adjust the spice levels. I have left out tahini to keep the recipe on the healthy side.
- In a food processor, combine red pepper, green pepper, jalapeños, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
- Blend ingredients until smooth.
- Drain chickpeas.
- Add chickpeas to the food processor and blend until smooth, adding additional olive oil if necessary.
- Transfer to sealed container and chill for several hours.
- Serve with pretzels, carrots, or bagel chips and enjoy.
This was great. I love the flavor of the peppers and the nice spicy twist. Will make this again. Makes a nice large batch, perfect for lunches. Reviewed for PAC 2008