Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Known in Italian as arrabiata sauce, this is an amazing homemade red sauce. The ingredients are frugal but the end result is delicious. My fiance and I use this often when we are having friends over. Add some chicken sausage and fresh basil if you want to make it extra special.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- Heat oil in a five to six quart pot over moderately high heat.
- Add garlic and pepper flake, saute until golden. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in tomatoes and salt.
- Simmer uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Serve with pasta.
Really nice! I love the garlic in this one, and felt that the spicyness was just right, and not overdone. Will be making this more often!