Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
i just kinda threw in what i had and thought would taste good together. i recently tried making saag and learned i really like the ginger/garlic combo. i'm a little of this, a little of that kind of gal so i've guesstimated some of the amounts. i used significantly more paprika and cayenne and almost burned my face off it was so spicy so i way toned those down. obviously adjust according to how spicy you like things.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- saute garlic and ginger in olive oil for about 5 minutes
- add all the other ingredients, hand crushing the tomatoes and using the juice as well.
- i also make sure to hand crush my dried herbs De province for better flavor.
- cook until lentils are tender.
What a great, simple recipe! I love lentil soups, so I'm always looking for new ways to make them. The amount of spices are perfect, and it makes for a very red, pretty soup! Very healthy and filling, thanks for the recipe!