Recipe by baking&biking
This was from a day where I dumped whatever sounded good into a pot and called it lunch, for better or for worse. Turned out to be definitely for better:)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup split red lentils
- 3 artichoke hearts, diced
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, diced
- 1 -2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 5 chocolate chips
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in sauce pot and saute garlic and onion.
- Add stock and heat to a simmer.
- Add lentils, artichokes, tomatoes, chile, adobo sauce (add 1 or 2 t, depending on how spicy you like things), brown sugar, and chocolate.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into serving bowl and stir in yogurt (or sour cream, whatever you prefer to cut the heat).
- Sprinkle with basil or oregano (something green to look nice:)).
- I like to eat this with sesame chips.