Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A spicy and aromatic, Thai inspired meal.
- 12 ounces flank steaks
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Thai chile
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1⁄4 cup asparagus
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- Prep the ingredients: trim the beef, slice very thinly, against the grain, finely mince the shallot, slice the garlic, slice the chili pepper, drain the bamboo shoots, cut the tips off the asparagus.
- Heat some oil a saute pan or wok.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Add the beef to the wok, stir fry till slightly browned.
- Add the shallot, garlic, and chili, continue to stir fry.
- Keeping the heat on high add the bamboo and the asparagus.
- When the asparagus is slightly cooked (DO NOT OVERCOOK!), add the curry paste.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the basil and cilantro.
- Serve over rice.