Prep 8 hrs
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from Taste of Home. The prep time includes marinating time.
- 4 lbs whole chicken wings
- 3⁄4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Cut the chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections.
- In a gallon-size resealable plastic bag, combine the hot pepper sauce, butter and vinegar.
- Add chicken wings, seal bag and toss to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Place chicken on racks in two greased 15-inch by 10-inch by 1-inch baking pans.
- Sprinkle with dressing mix and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Note: 3 pounds of uncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for the whole chicken wings. Omit the first step.
These were very good right out of the oven, however the left overs seemed to loose some of their Flavor. Next time I will make only what I plan to eat right away.
Not bad. I made as directed, I didn't really taste the ranch and no one thought they were spicy enough, could have been the hot sauce I chose (Frank's). I do like that they are baked and not fried...that's always a plus. And they did get a nice crunch to them.
These were delicious! I used the 3 pound bag of frozen wings. I put Frank's Hot Wing Sauce on them with the butter and let them sit in the fridge for 4 hours. We liked the ranch and paprika on them. I also sprinkled a bit more regular Frank's Hot Sauce on them before I put them in the oven. Thanks so much for posting! Made for 12 Days of Christmas recipe swap.