Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Easy and SO delicious, this may be completely prepared then refrigerated until ready to bake ---for extreme heat increase the hot sauce by 1/4 cup more :)
Top Review by Careysprivateschef
I have made this recipe many times and it is always a hit and requested again and again. I have modified the recipe from the original slightly...I use frozen buffalo chicken tenders and chop them into small pieces. It adds flavor and makes the dip heartier. I found that canned chicken tasted canned. Overall, super duper recipe!! Also, dip with tortilla chips or celery.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup frank's red hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup prepared ranch salad dressing (do not use dry seasoning mix)
- 2 cups diced cooked canned chicken or 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- finely chopped green onion (to taste) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese with hot sauce, garlic and ranch dressing; mix until well combined.
- Mix in chopped cooked chicken, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spread into an 11 x 7-inch or a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes (if oil collects on the top after baking remove/dab using paper towels).
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or can use mozzarella cheese) on top then return to oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve hot or warm.