Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ranch Burgers Recipe from The Wisconsin Beef Council
Make and share this Spicy Ranch Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs 80% lean ground beef
- 4 teaspoons spicy seasoning mix (recipe below)
- 4 egg-bread hamburger buns, split
- romaine lettuce
- tomatoes, slices
- 1⁄4 cup creamy ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons canned French-fried onions
Spicy Seasoning Mix
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Prepare Spicy Seasoning Mix. Store in airtight container. Shake before using to blend. Makes 3 tablespoons.
- Shape ground beef into four 3/4-inch-thick patties. Press Spicy Seasoning Mix evenly into both sides of each patty.
- Heat large heavy nonstick skillet 5 minutes over medium heat until hot. Add patties to skillet. Cook 12 to 15 minutes to medium doneness (160 degrees) or until centers are no longer pink and juices show no pink color; turn once.
- Line bottom of each bun with lettuce and tomato; top with burger. Spoon ranch dressing evenly over burgers; sprinkle with onions.
- Close sandwiches. Enjoy.
Oh la la!! I love how the flavors danced from taste bud to taste bud. I done two things differently. I mixed the spice in the meat. And I added bacon to the top of the hamburger. Just because I had it and it needed to be used up. I wasn't sure DH would be happy with no cheese but he gobbled two of them up and was giving me thumbs up. Thank you for posting such a wonderful recipe. Two thumbs up from each and everyone of us. Made for 123 hits
Wowsers! I think my husband was nervous about these -- I mean a burger without cheese, ketchup, and bacon? I don't know if he knew there was such a thing! We both loved them though. They were so delicious. The meat was nice and juicy. You could taste a little spice, but a little more sure wouldn't have hurt. The ranch went perfectly with it. All of the flavors went together perfectly. I don't know what egg-bread buns are so I just used plain old hamburger buns. Thanks so much for posting! Made for Photo Tag.