1/1 Photo of Spicy Ramen Skillet Thai Style
I came up with this recipe for "Dining on a Dollar". I love this because it' spicy, sweet, tangy, easy and quick to prepare, and best of all... inexpen$ive!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (any flavor, discard flavor packet)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts (cut into strips or slices)
- 1 cup carrot, cut into matchstick sized pieces (about 3 carrots)
- 1/4 lb fresh sugar snap pea, trimmed and string removed
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped (divided)
- 1 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- cooking spray
- 1Break ramen noodle squares into 4ths and boil in salted water until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water and allow to drain until later.
- 2Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and bring to med/high heat. Break eggs into pan and scramble stirring constantly until just cooked. Remove eggs from pan and set aside.
- 4Wipe out pan if needed, and heat over high heat.
- 5Add cooking oil to pan.
- 6Add carrots and sugar snap peas and stirfry until starting to soften (about 2-3 minutes).
- 7Add scallions and 2/3rds of peanuts, stirfry another minute.
- 8Add bean sprouts and garlic and stirfry for about 1 more minute.
- 9Push all ingredients to the outside edges of the pan and add drained ramen noodles adding a little more oil if you need to. Stirfry one more minute.
- 10Add chicken and sauce mixture.
- 11Cook until chicken is heated through and sauce has thickened slightly.
- 12Stir in reserved eggs.
- 13Continue cooking until everything is heated through.
- 14Serve with remaining peanuts sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Ramen Skillet Thai Style
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.1
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 164.5 mg
- Sodium 1231.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 42.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: