Recipe by So Cal Gal
Fragrant with allspice and lightly sweetened with brown sugar and raisins, this is a delightful little quick bread! (Slightly adapted from an Arrowhead Mills recipe.)
Top Review by Annika G.
This recipe is so so so delicious!!!! It has a lot of flavor and is very easy to make. The only thing I would change is the texture because it was more similar to cake rather than bread. But all in all it was really, really tasty.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dark seedless raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together whole wheat pastry flour, oat flour, baking powder, ground allspice, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg, nonfat milk, light brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix until just combined; then gently stir in dark seedless raisins.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan, and level the top.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes; then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.