These are wonderful spicy drop cookies with raisins and nuts added. Very easy to make.
Make and share this Spicy Raisin Drop Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Sift flour with soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- At low speed, beat in flour until well mixed.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool partially on wire rack, then glaze tops.
- For glaze, combine sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
These are exactly what I was craving. They were quick to put together. I did chill them but didnt wait the entire 1/2 hour. Still great cookies. Thanks a bunch for a keeper.
These were awesome! Rita sent me these in an amazing Christmas basket for the cookie swap! They were the first ones DEVOURED! so yummy!
These remind me of cinnabuns! I didn`t add the nuts. Great cookie!