Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This filling came from a recipe for breakfast buns from Sunrise Cookbook put out by the National Reye's Syndrome Foundation. It works well in this adaptation.
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 177.44 ml water
- 59.14 ml orange marmalade (or apricot preserves)
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml butter
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon rind, grated
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml nutmeg, fresh grated
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 (16 count) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine in a saucepan raisins and water, bring to a boil, then simmer 5 minutes.
- Add next ten ingredients (marmalade to nutmeg).
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Cool enough to be just warm to touch. If too hot will start cooking the crescents too quickly.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open and unroll crescents. Separate.
- Place one tsp of filling on crescent and spread out leaving small border on all sides. Rollup from wide side to tip.
- Place tip-side down on a very lightly oil sprayed cookie sheet.
- Beat egg with 1/2 tsp water and brush crescents. Sprinkle sugar lightly over tops.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown. Watch carefully as to not burn the bottoms.
- These are wonderful served warm.