Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This filling came from a recipe for breakfast buns from Sunrise Cookbook put out by the National Reye's Syndrome Foundation. It works well in this adaptation.
- 1 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade (or apricot preserves)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 count) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine in a saucepan raisins and water, bring to a boil, then simmer 5 minutes.
- Add next ten ingredients (marmalade to nutmeg).
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Cool enough to be just warm to touch. If too hot will start cooking the crescents too quickly.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open and unroll crescents. Separate.
- Place one tsp of filling on crescent and spread out leaving small border on all sides. Rollup from wide side to tip.
- Place tip-side down on a very lightly oil sprayed cookie sheet.
- Beat egg with 1/2 tsp water and brush crescents. Sprinkle sugar lightly over tops.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown. Watch carefully as to not burn the bottoms.
- These are wonderful served warm.