1/2 Photos of Spicy Raisin Crescents
Happy Harry #2's Note:
This filling came from a recipe for breakfast buns from Sunrise Cookbook put out by the National Reye's Syndrome Foundation. It works well in this adaptation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade (or apricot preserves)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 count) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1Combine in a saucepan raisins and water, bring to a boil, then simmer 5 minutes.
- 2Add next ten ingredients (marmalade to nutmeg).
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- 4Cool enough to be just warm to touch. If too hot will start cooking the crescents too quickly.
- 5Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Open and unroll crescents. Separate.
- 7Place one tsp of filling on crescent and spread out leaving small border on all sides. Rollup from wide side to tip.
- 8Place tip-side down on a very lightly oil sprayed cookie sheet.
- 9Beat egg with 1/2 tsp water and brush crescents. Sprinkle sugar lightly over tops.
- 10Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown. Watch carefully as to not burn the bottoms.
- 11These are wonderful served warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Raisin Crescents
Serving Size: 1 (1120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.7
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.6 mg
- Sodium 241.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g