Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Wonderful coffee cake recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped english walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- Grease angel food cake pan or 9x13 pan. I use the angel food pan.
- Cream together butter and 1 cup sugar till fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add sour cream and blend inches.
- Combine flour, baking powder and soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Mix sugar, nuts and cinammon in small bowl.
- Pour half of your mixture in the prepared pan.
- Top with raisins and half the nut mixture.
- Spoon on the rest of the batter and top with remaining nut mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick come out clean.