Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy side dish. Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is a high protein grain that contains all 8 essential amino acids, this makes it great for vegetarian diets. It is gluten free and low GI. I like this with some grilled haloumi
- 250 g quinoa
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 roasted red peppers, deseeded and chopped (from a jar is fine)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- coriander, to garnish
- Cook the quinoa according to pack instructions, adding the vegetable stock cube to the cooking water.
- Leave to cool, then break up any clumps with a fork.
- Mix through remaining ingredients and serve.