1/7 Photos of Spicy Quesadilla
Very, Very good, if you can find the sundried tomato tortillas, they add a wonderful taste, as compared to the plain ones. We pass the salsa also, with the sour cream. More heat can be added if desired and the recipe can be scaled down to one or two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 inches 10-inch sun-dried tomato tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- 1In a large skillet heat oil.
- 2Cook peppers, onions, garlic, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin and cayenne, stirring often until peppers and onions are limp, about 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and add olives.
- 4Arrange 3 tortillas in single layer on baking sheets.
- 5Divide onion and pepper mixture evenly over tortillas, spread to 1/2 inch off edges.
- 6Top with shredded cheese, spread evenly between 3 tortillas.
- 7Place remaining 3 tortillas on top, press down lightly.
- 8Bake at 450 degrees until tortillas are lightly browned.
- 98 to 10 minutes.
- 10Cut into 4 to 6 wedges.
- 11Arrange on platter and serve with sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Quesadilla
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.1
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.2 mg
- Sodium 936.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
10-inch sun-dried tomato tortillas