Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very, Very good, if you can find the sundried tomato tortillas, they add a wonderful taste, as compared to the plain ones. We pass the salsa also, with the sour cream. More heat can be added if desired and the recipe can be scaled down to one or two.
- 6 inches 10-inch sun-dried tomato tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- In a large skillet heat oil.
- Cook peppers, onions, garlic, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin and cayenne, stirring often until peppers and onions are limp, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add olives.
- Arrange 3 tortillas in single layer on baking sheets.
- Divide onion and pepper mixture evenly over tortillas, spread to 1/2 inch off edges.
- Top with shredded cheese, spread evenly between 3 tortillas.
- Place remaining 3 tortillas on top, press down lightly.
- Bake at 450 degrees until tortillas are lightly browned.
- 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cut into 4 to 6 wedges.
- Arrange on platter and serve with sour cream, if desired.
Guess what Derf! I HAD sun-dried tortillas, as you can see from the photos! This was a wonderful recipe and all because they are baked to finish them off! I made this exactly as posted, but with one small addition - I used a little yellow pepper as well as the red. These were gorgeous, and I am going to serve them to another zaar member, Lindseylcw, who is visiting me this weekend, for her first meal of the holiday! This reicpe is a keeper for me and very much enjoyed. Merci Derf! Made for the Hot and Spicy event in the Photos Forum. FT:-)
i added cooked chicken to mine also. and following another reviewers suggestions i topped with lettuce, sour cream, cheese and tomatoes. This was awesome! I'd give it 10 stars if I could
This was a very easy recipe to follow and only made a few changes. I got some grilled chicken from the frozen section and microwaved it and also put in 4 cloves of garlic (becuz we like garlic). Also used a quesadilla maker instead of the oven... Anyway they came out great, Thank You very much! Will definately make again!