From my Thanksgiving recipe file (which I'm trying to post here). I haven't made it yet. You can omit the food processor/blender step by adding green chilies directly to the soup. Finely chop the cilantro and combine it with the sour cream and then dollop with mixture as directed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 113.39 g can green chilies, diced, drained
- 59.14 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro leaves
- 425.24 g can solid pack pumpkin
- 396.89 g can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 118.29 ml water
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper (optional)
- salt, to taste
- 1Combine green chilies, sour cream and cilantro in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. (See description note for alternative to processing.).
- 2Combine pumpkin, chicken broth, water, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and pepper if desired, in a medium saucepan; stir in 1/4 cup of the green chili mixture.
- 3Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- 4Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Pour into 4 serving bowls and top each with a dollop of the the remaining green chili mixture and additional sour cream, if desired. Check seasoning to see if it needs adjustment or salt.
- 6Run tip of spoon through dollops to make swirl.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pumpkin Soup With Green Chili Swirl
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.9 mg
- Sodium 14.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth