Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
The fruityness of the pumpkin well with the chilli and spices in this delious warming soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium red chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 750 g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 2⁄3 liters vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a large pan and saute the onion over a low heat for around 10 mins until soft. Add the chopped chillies and crushed coriander seeds to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and potatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes Add the stock, season, the cover and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 15 mins or until the vegetables are soft.
- Whiz the soup with a blender until smooth. Reheat to serve.