Recipe by moose_kristi
This is from the October 2011 edition of "Guideposts." I love the twist on regular pumpkin seeds. This is easy enough for my two kids to do with me and we can use up all the seeds from their carved pumpkins.
- 1 egg white
- 2 1⁄3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons paprika, sweet smoked
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, scant
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with a fine layer of cooking spray.
- Whisk egg white until very foamy. Add sugar, salt, paprika, cayenne and cinnamon; whisk well.
- Stir in seeds to coat, then lift with a slotted spoon, allowing them to drain, and spread in a single layer on baking sheet. Discard any liquid left in the bowl.
- Roast seeds, tossing several times with a spatula, until puffed and edged with brown, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer baking sheet to wire rack to cool. Gently pry seeds from the sheet and break up any large clumps into smaller shards. Seeds will last two weeks in an airtight container.