Chef #1352632's Note:
This is from the October 2011 edition of "Guideposts." I love the twist on regular pumpkin seeds. This is easy enough for my two kids to do with me and we can use up all the seeds from their carved pumpkins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 300°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with a fine layer of cooking spray.
- 2Whisk egg white until very foamy. Add sugar, salt, paprika, cayenne and cinnamon; whisk well.
- 3Stir in seeds to coat, then lift with a slotted spoon, allowing them to drain, and spread in a single layer on baking sheet. Discard any liquid left in the bowl.
- 4Roast seeds, tossing several times with a spatula, until puffed and edged with brown, about 25 minutes.
- 5Transfer baking sheet to wire rack to cool. Gently pry seeds from the sheet and break up any large clumps into smaller shards. Seeds will last two weeks in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 793.5
- Calories from Fat 572
- Total Fat 63.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1491.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 41.0 g