Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
For my mom, who loves scones.
Make and share this Spicy Pumpkin Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a big bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; mix in raisins.
- In a small bowl, mix egg, pumpkin, and buttermilk; add to flour mixture and mix until blended and a soft dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a floured work surface and roll into a circle ¾ inches thick.
- Cut out rounds using 2-inch round cookie cutter and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Reroll scraps and repeat.
- Brush tops with the beaten egg white and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly on wire rack and serve warm.
A nice fall treat. I didn't use raisins and I patted my dough into a large circle rather than cutting individual scones. My large circle (scored into 8 scones) took 20 minutes to bake.