Recipe by the_cookie_lady
From Cooking Light's 1991 Annual Cookbook. This looks like it is going to be one of my favorites this fall. Let me know if you think it needs more of the spice! It is cooked in the microwave.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour milk into a 1-qt casserole. Microwave, uncovered, at High 3 minutes. Remove from microwave.
- Add orange juice and remaining ingredients; stir with a wire whisk. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap and microwave at High 4 minutes. Remove from microwave and uncover; stir well.
- Pour mixture evenly into individual dessert dishes. Chill thoroughly.