Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
I am big on flavor and these really add up! This is a great method of cooking and you can adjust spiciness for your family's tastes!
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds (seeds from 2 regular carving pumpkins)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (few dashes for less spicy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put seeds in a large bowl and fill with warm water. All seeds will float to the top while pumpkin guts sink to the bottom. Spoon seeds out and put into separate clean bowl.
- Combine hot water and 2 tablespoons salt in medium saucepan. Boil for 10 minutes, watching and stirring constantly.
- Drain seeds in colander and put back into the clean bowl.
- Add olive oil and worcestershire sauce and toss with seeds to mix well.
- Add remaining dry ingredients (all spices) and toss again to coat well.
- Line large cookie sheet with foil, and spread out seeds as much as possible.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, stirring seeds every 20 minutes.