Prep 8 mins
Cook 50 mins
I diaganosed with prediabetes and I'm was looking for a pumpkin pie recipe. So I came up with one to do.
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shells
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- vanilla ice cream
- 1. Prick pastry shell with a fork. Bake in 450F oven for 8 minute.
- 2. Stir together pumpkin, egg, milk, sweetener, sugar and seasonings. Pour into partially baked pie shell.
- 3. Bake in 350F oven for 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool slightly and then refrigerate.
- 4. Cut into 8 wedges and serve each with vanilla ice cream.