Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
October 2000 Issue Betty Crocker Bisquick Mini-Cookbook
Make and share this Spicy Pumpkin Pancakes- Bisquick recipe from Food.com.
Maple Pecan Syrup
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 1⁄3 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup canned pumpkin (Not Pumpkin Pie Mix)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- Heat syrup and margarine until margarine is melted; remove from heat. Stir in pecans; Keep warm.
- Stir pancake ingredients until well blended.
- Pour batter by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle (grease griddle if necessary). Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook until golden brown. Serve with syrup.
This was really good with some easy modifications. I wanted a more definitive pumpkin flavor so I doubled the amount of pumpkin and decreased the milk. I also used pumpkin pie spice and since I had doubled the pumpkin I doubled that as well. Came out very nicely.
We really like this recipe! Made a few changes: doubled pumpkin to 1 cup; used 2 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar instead of white; doubled spices; used little bit of real butter in skillet; used skillet at medium/med-low because they were browning too fast before insides cooked. Kids each ate 4 pancakes! (Made about 16 or so.) Thanks for the recipe!
I had little time and extra homemade bisquick mix so I made a double batch of these. Very good and comparable to our favorite Copycat recipe for pumpkin pancakes. Thanks for posting this much quicker version!