Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
LOVE combination of spices, yes I do, Healthy and delicious, too! EASY to make, GREAT next day, Guess is not much more to say!
- 1⁄2 cup split red lentils
- 1 medium onion
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 3⁄4 cups butternut pumpkin (Peeled and in chunks)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat oil in saucepan and ADD onion, cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- ADD Mustard, Cumin, Tumeric and Chilli Powder, cook for 30-40 seconds after adding last ingredient.
- ADD Stock, Water, Pumpkin and Lentils, cover and bring to a BOIL.
- Reduce heat and simmer, partly covered for about 15 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Remove from heat and MASH until smooth.
- STIR through coriander.