Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is my favorite pumpkin recipe of the season... Adapted from a pumpkin bread recipe i found on Allrecipes.com, my version is more like spicy gingerbread with the added richness of pumpkin!! It is wonderful with a cup of tea and keeps well in the fridge for up to two weeks. Also makes a nice gift! For muffins, reduce cooking time by 30 minutes (i like to add pecans and raisins to the batter for chewy-crunchy muffins, yum!)--. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cloves.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stir until blended. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.