Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I loved it at Bombay cafe, this is not quite the same, it's from food network, enjoy
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Blend pumpkin puree and checkpeas until smooth in a food processor, add remaining ingredients to mixture, blend until smooth.
- Serve with pita chips.
I made this recipe on Halloween for my family and served it with high quality store bought pita chips and fresh yellow and orange peppers. I used a bit less spice and it was still very flavorful. The pumpkin is light and the perfect touch. Easy to make and a crowd pleaser!
Took this to work to share served with pitas and veggies. Everyone loved it! The pumpkin adds a sweetness to the hummus so we all voted to make this healthy dish again but to add more garlic and lemon and to decrease the cayenne by half. Thanks Evie in L.A.
This dip is marvelous! They sell one exactely like this in the Central Market in Adelaide and charge $25 a kilo. This is exactely the same!! Yum! I used fresh pumpkin and steamed it although roasting is better. Thanks so much for posting!