Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Modified from the "Galloping Gourmet's New Way to Cook Book"
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grease four 5-oz souffle dishes.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Farenheit.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the pumpkin, sugar, egg, milk and spices.
- Mix well with a wire whisk.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into cups.
- Place a 9-in metal baking pan on a bottom rack of the oven and place the cups in the pan.
- Pour 1-in of boiling water in the pan.
- Place another 9-in baking dish on top of the cups as a cover.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow cups to rest for 5 minutes in the oven.
The flavor was excellent. It was very easy to make. But it was overdone. And I was good & followed directions! I would recommend doubling the recipe & proceeding as indicated or cooking for less time. I like how it used sugar sub but didn't have any weirdness that sometimes occurs - kwim? Made for My 3 Chefs 11/09. Thank you!