Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Kraft Food & Family, Fall 2006.
- 1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 3 eggs (or amount listed on your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thawed Cool Whip Topping
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, reducing water to 1/2 cup and increasing oil to 1/2 cup.
- Add half of the cream cheese, the pumpkin, cinnamon and ginger.
- Beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Pour into greased 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minute or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minute Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Mix remaining cream cheese, whipped topping and sugar until well blended. Spread on top of cooled cake.